Friday, May 20, 2011

Guzaarish

I finally got around seeing the movie, Guzaarish! I am glad that I didnt see it when it was being talked about and was 'in the hype', but rather when I was in the mood to watch it. I am really sure if I had done so, I would have come out hating the over-melodramatic movie. But watching it when I was in a mellow mood made it a nice experience.


Yes, it still is an overtly melodramatic movie and possibly an over glorified account of a quadriplegic. But hey, kudos to Hirthik for play the role to a T. And to Sanjay Leela Banshali....the man really is an artist - dares to be different, take make lyrical movies leaving behind beautiful visual imagery, and pick topics dealing with disabilities and treats them sensitively. 


Having said all that, his movies are similar to those of K Jho, only in the fact that like how you need to be in a certain frame of mind to take all the pinky fluffy cotton candy stuff KJho doles out, you need to be in a certain frame of mind to deal with the dark, blue, slow emotional stuff Bhansali makes you see.


I dont know what penchant he has with the victorian/old-english look - all the swirly skirts, corset like blouses, black coats and hats. You can see them in most of his movies. I have to admit that it looked amazing on Aishwarya Rai. She does look really pretty with her elaborately braided hair and ruby red lips. But hey, what about her role? Didnt give much scope to her for her share of histronics...Guzarish is a Hirthik's movie out and out.

IMO, its worth a watch, esp when you are feeling a bit blue....


P.S. Hmm...Bhansali as a music director is quite nice. Sau gram zindagi is a nice song that fits the movie very well....


Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

No comments: